Thursday 12 April 2012

Task: 6b

I found all methods extrmely useful in different ways but all helping my research. I found the survey opening many other questions but was good to see the outcome of the questions clearly, i would now like to develop my survey to ask about the students perceptions of examination in both ballet and other genres. The holistic nature of my survey perhaps was not narrow enough to get a clear picture of the final problem, but it helped me to identify other trends I had not considered before such as examination difficulty and achievement. I will now look in to this matter more closely through student survey. I may am alos going to get a critical friend to deliver the survey to the students and collect the raw data so the students don’t feel they have to respond positively to questions about my teaching. I feel I need to focus on the vocabulary I use to promote a longer term career view and show ballet as being more than just ballerinas. I also need to work on body confidence body dismorphia with the class I plan to achieve this by being more open in the class.

I teach both subjects and my approaches to the two are clearly different. My results showed my ballet students had a deeper understanding of technical vocabulary which on reflection I feel is from the way I deliver this subject. I need to translate my good practice from ballet in to the hip hop lessons by using Pilates to gain strength good body awareness and stamina to the students which will in the future help to retain students in ballet by not using words like “to be a ballerina” and to focus on the strength and the benefits in studying ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment