Sunday 8 April 2012

Task 5b

In my previous blog i wrote without reference to any documents or discussion what i believed to be the Code of Practice in my place of work.
I have looked at the BBO (British Ballet Organisation) website to see their code of practice,  the BBO are the organisation that i follow with all examinations within my dance school. They follow the CDET  Council for dance education and teaching this is a in depth codes of practice which if followed ensures all students will be taught professional and nurtured in the correct way.
follow the link below to see the recommended code of professional conduct by the council:
www.cdet.org.uk/teaching-and-qualifications/code-of-conduct/www.cdet.org.uk/teaching-and-qualifications/code-of-conduct/

I have also looked at the RAD Royal Academy of Dancing at their code of practice as their syllabus is studied at most vocational schools around the country. This is a condensed version of the CDET but states the same requirements
www.rad.org.uk/.../ART255_Code%20of%20Conduct%20English.p 

I have found doing this task refreshing I have looked at the code of practice a while ago but to see that i am doing things right was good to know. I have now copied the CDET and have a copy at my dance school to remind all teachers of the requirements which we all should follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment